During times of uncertainty, information is critical. We have been tracking multiple resources to follow developments in Ukraine, and wanted to share these with you.
Unfortunately, the major US News outlets are filled with partisan slant. It is distracting, and more resembles propaganda most likely found within Russia than what should be presented by an unbiased and informed media (and we’re referring to both sides of the political aisle).
Instead, we have been following a variety of different informational resources that we have found to be objective and informative. We hope that you find these helpful if you’re interested in tracking developments in the conflict. They are listed below.
BEST NEWS OUTLET:
- BBC World News: https://www.bbc.com/news
BEST ARTICLES ON SPECIFIC TOPICS:
- Markets & War: Investor Amnesia: A History of Invasions, Wars and Markets
- The SWIFT Sanction: What is SWIFT and Why is it Being Used against Russia, WSJ
- History of Ukraine: The History, Geography, People and Culture of Ukraine, Encyclopedia Britannica
- Vladimir Putin: Wikipedia Page
BEST REAL-TIME MAPS & DATA TO TRACK THE CONFLICT:
- New York Times: Tracking the Invasion of Ukraine
- Council on Foreign Relations: Global Conflict Tracker
BEST FREE DAILY MARKET UPDATE:
- Bloomberg’s Five Things: https://www.bloomberg.com/account/newsletters
BEST SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWS:
- Twitter: Major General Mick Ryan (sample below)
- Twitter: Ukraine President Zelensky (we’re witnessing in real time his fascinating transformation from a comedian politician to Ukraine’s Winston Churchill)
Major General Mick Ryan is a former officer in the Australian Army, and has had excellent perspective on all things Russian, particularly the possible use of nuclear arms by Russia.
Bookmark or subscribe to these resources and you’ll get a better sense of the full scope of this conflict.